don't postpone joy

Friday, August 19, 2005

everyday is a winding road...

I realize that a shiny happy pic of me with that last post is kind of mismatched, but I was so thrilled to be able to wrap up this whole "i can't post pics" saga, I put up the first one on the disk. Now for my next trick, I will attempt to download pics from my digital camera. Wish me luck on that one...
I want you to know that Ron called me last night, and I spoke with him at length. He didn't offer any excuses for his behavior, and we didn't discuss specifics. He apologized and I accepted. I don't have any idea if the apology was genuine, but that's out of the way now. I realize that he isn't trustworthy, but for some reason, it was exactly what I needed to hear. and it came just when I needed to hear it.

Today, when I got to work, I found a sweet gift bag at my desk. It's from the woman (she is my friend, of course...a sweet preacher's wife) who is in the classroom next to mine...the card made me cry, and this is why....

You're a Special Kind of Person

It's so good to know
warm, CONSIDERATE people
who try to help others
in all that they do,
people whose lives
show the meaning
of KINDNESS.
It's so good to know
SPECIAL people like you.

and when you open it, it says:

Wishing you
the kind of birthday
you deserve...
a day that's every bit
as wonderful
as you are.

...and in the bag was a gift certificate to a Japanese restaurant, (where I can have sushi at lunch) and some wonderful shea nut body butter (that I never would have spent the money to get for myself)
If you think the universe does not pay attention to your requests, then you are not being specific.

I wish for you, today, a surprise that warms your heart~

6 Comments:

At 19 August, 2005 07:59, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Gee, I have been very specific, but yet I wait and wait.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 19 August, 2005 08:22, Blogger Unknown said...

Well have a great lunch and enjoy your shea butter,that stuff is expensive girl! Glad your friend put a smile on your face, a very pretty face. Congrats on figuring out the secrets of uploading pics, it wasnt' hard was it? Your a very special person to be able to talk to Ron after all this bs, I commend you. I do not think I could of taken his call, the anger and resentment would of won out over anything positive.
People that say the typical responses that you mentioned in the previous post are not trying to be glib, sometimes it is the only thing that comes into their mind. They just want to say something positive regarding a horrible situation.Yes, they are dumb little phrases but they are said in earnest and with love and caring usually.Do not judge people based on that..judge them on their actions. The saying, "that which does not kill us only makes us stronger" is not to be taken literally,thats ridiculous. In the context to which you apply it I think it means quite a lot, "just suck it up and deal"is also a little saying, but not quite as poetic..if you know what i mean.

Happy Birthday sweet daisy, enjoy yourself and the company of your true friends who most likely will not want anything but your happiness and your smile,which judgeing by that great pic you put up, is an awesome one!

 
At 19 August, 2005 08:35, Blogger Unknown said...

also..its great to see that you have not been eaten up with negativity as some folks are after such a horrible gut-wrenching experience. Kudos to you and I wish I was more like you.

 
At 19 August, 2005 08:36, Blogger daisyduke said...

I didn't mean to mislead you...my birthday isn't till Monday!

...and I do not judge people anymore. I simply evaluate the information given, and do my best to work with it from there. Sometimes, in spite of myself, I am frustrated by ignorance; both theirs and mine. I am blessed to be surrounded by people who love me. I truly feel fortunate that they consider me a friend, as well.
My 20 year highschool reunion is in a couple weeks...quite frankly, I'd rather have a 20 person (or however many)Blogbuddy reunion!

and Rat, the universe is very simple...watch how you phrase things...if you find yourself squeezing your eyes shut and saying to yourself "I want a topless babe to appear on my couch instantaneously" the universe grants your wish. want. you say I want...it gives you wanting...follow?

 
At 19 August, 2005 08:38, Blogger daisyduke said...

you have your own sweet charm, dusty, my friend. I value your opinion, and look forward to seeing you here daily...

 
At 19 August, 2005 08:45, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

No, I don't follow.

Damnit. I knew it was the 22nd, but you got me all scared so just ignore the birthday stuff then or parlay it into big festival birthday weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home